I’ve used this Brother printer for a long time, and it has helped me complete my projects before the deadline. However, one day the Brother printer in error state message that began appearing on the screen. After an hour, the issue remained unsolved and consumed my time and effort (I tried to pretend to be a technology expert, but I was not, as I discovered afterward).
Although deep within me was a geek who was glad enough to solve the issue. This led me to call the Brother printer customer support and follow the troubleshooting directions and begin to solve the error issue with the Brother printer myself. The results were excellent as my printer runs like ” Just Bought New.”
How did I fix it? Thanks to the Brother printer expert in customer support. Here are the causes and measures I used to fix this Brother printer that was in an error issue.
Why did Brother Printer In Error State Problem Occur?
Although I thought that the Brother printers were in error because of a loose wire or poor internet connectivity, I was mistaken, and these were just a couple of reasons. In addition, there were additional reasons for the error-state issue on this Brother Printer.
- The printer is jammed with paper.
- Troublesome or loose printer connection.
- Drivers for printers that are no longer in use.
- Brother’s printer appears to be not online or has been paused.
- Print jobs that are pending are stored in Print Spooler.
- I disabled PnP detection on Brother printer. Brother printer.
- It connected Brother printer and computer.
- Sometimes, ink levels are low.
How Did I Fix Brother Printer in Error State Problem?
Experts from Brother recommended that you try the most straightforward solutions before moving on to advanced troubleshooting. In reality, I tried all these solutions for babies and failed. It is a shame that I need to look through the seven solutions to resolve the Brother printer that is in an error state. These solutions are all listed below.
Solution 1. Test the initial troubleshooting procedures on Windows 10 PC
- Check that the cables for your printer are in good condition and secure but not frayed. In some cases, damaged cables are the primary suspects in causing errors in the state of your printer with Windows 10.
- Restart your printer or computer, or stop and restart after five minutes. It can be a great way to solve a problem.
- As I mentioned earlier, the low ink levels shouldn’t be overlooked. It is essential to check the ink levels and then replace them as needed. Make sure you make use of authentic Brother ink cartridges.
- Verify that no paper is blocked, and remove even a tiny bit of paper. Make sure the feeder tray is clean and have the printer service completed.
If the above steps don’t solve the issue, the Brother printer offline issue could be the reason. To resolve the issue, you’ll have to follow some simple steps.
Solution 2. Find Your offline Brother printer to work again
Find out if your Brother printer is displayed offline under the printer’s icon in the taskbar. It could be because of deactivated automatic updates or a faulty internet connection. These are the steps I used to eliminate the offline status and move one step closer to resolving the Brother printer error state issues in the Windows 10 PC.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Go to Hardware and Sound, then select View devices and printers.
- Find The Brother Printer icon. Right-click and then click Set as the default printer.
- Then, right-click the Brother printer icon and select View what’s printing.
- An additional window should appear. Click for the Printer tab.
- Remove both the Pause Printing and Print offline options.
- Last but not least, remember to reboot your computer.
Sometimes, it is possible that in addition to offline errors and the issue with the Print Spooler service also leads to an error state issue. In this case, you’ll need to reboot your Print Spooler services and remove the pending print jobs.
Solution 3. Make sure you restart Print Spooler services. Print Spooler services to fix the Brother Printer error state.
Print Spooler aligns the printer jobs according to the ordering of printing. It can also accumulate pending printing jobs, denies printing, and creates printer issues. The printer is in an error-state problem. Here’s how to resolve the issue.
- Press the Windows and R keys to reveal the Run dialog box.
- Enter CMD, and Command Prompt will show up on the search results.
- Right-click and select Run as Administrator.
- Make sure to click Yes at the bottom of the screen.
- Then search for net stop spooler and press Enter.
- A command prompt should show an error message that states: the Print Spooler process were shut down successfully.
- Once more, type net stop spooler, then press Enter.
- After seeing the message: After seeing the message – the Print Spooler service was started successfully. Close the Command Prompt.
- Restart your PC, and then try making the print test.
Solution 4. Clean the print jobs that are pending in Print Spooler
- Start the C drive.
- Follow this route Go through Windows > System 32 > Spool > Printers, then delete the entire printers inside.
- Alternatively, you can open the Run dialogue box, typeC:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers, and hit Enter.
- Click over the file in the Printers folder. Hit delete with the keys.
- After you have deleted the files, start after deleting them, and restart the Print Spooler service.
- Start the Runbox open, search for Services.msc and then press Enter.
- Find the Print Spooler. Click right it, then it, and then click Restart.
- Start your computer to have your Brother printer error message Windows 10 problem fixed. Verify that you have the Plug and Play detection disabled if the issue is not resolved.
Solution 5. Make sure to activate PnP Detection. PnP Detection to correct the Brother printer that is in an error state.
Begin by restarting your PC and then move on to activating to enable PnP, Plug, and Play recognition. Here’s how you accomplish it.
- Search Device Manager and hit Enter.
- When the Device Manager window opens, you can click the View tab and then click”Show Hidden Devices.
- Click Ports (COM & LPT).
- The expanded list will appear. Under the expanded list, select the right-click ECP Printer Port (LPT1)and select Properties.
- Click Port Settings.
- Choose the option to use any interrupt associated with the port.
- Make sure to tick the Enable old plug-and-play detection option.
- Click Ok.
- Restart the printer and check whether the issue has been solved or not.
Solution 6. Change Brother’s printer driver
Updating your Brother printer drivers can aid in fixing bugs and printer issues that led to printing errors in your Brother printer. There are two ways to update the driver, either by doing it manually or having it update automatically. The following section will inform you about both options.
Drivers for Brother Printers have updated this process (Manually)
- Start Chrome. Chrome browser.
- Visit Brother’s support page and download page.
- Look for the Search for category of product and then select the item that you prefer.
- Select the model number of your Brother printer.
- Select your Windows Operating System (In my instance, it is Windows 10, 64-bit) and click OK.
- Make sure you click for the Full driver and the software package.
- Accept the EULA and then click the download button.
- The software for printing is downloaded onto your system.
- Follow the instructions on the screen for installing the driver installation package on your computer.
If it isn’t working, it will be necessary to make an effort to restore the Brother printer on Windows 10 on your Windows 10 PC. The following solution will explain these steps in a clearer and easier way.
Solution 7. Install the Brother printer on Windows 10
Before installing the printer again, you must remove all previously printed impressions of the printer from your system. Follow the steps below in the order listed to break the Brother printer to fix the error state permanently.
Take the Brother printer off your PC
- Search Settings.
- Go to Devices.
- Click Printers and Scanners.
- Click on your Brother Printer icon and then click Remove Device.
- Click Yes on the confirmation page.
Install the Brother printer onto your Windows 10
- In the search box, enter”Printer.”
- Select printers as well as the Scanners option.
- Click +symbol to add Printers and Scanners.
- Choose the Brother Printer you want to use and click Add device.
- Continue to follow the instructions on the screen to connect your printer.
- If your system cannot locate a printer, you must select “choose “the printer that I want is not listed.”
- Choose “Add a Bluetooth, wireless, or network discoverable printer” or “add a Bluetooth, wireless, or network discoverable printer.”
- Click Next, and follow the rest of the instructions on the screen.
- After that, you can restart the system.
Is your printer still have an error? Call Brother Customer Service
These seven options helped me solve this issue with the Brother printer that was in an error state. So, for the time being, my Brother printer is operating at its best, though minor issues continue to pop up throughout the day. If you’re experiencing the error state issue, I’d suggest getting to speak with the printer experts via Brother customer service for printers. They are incredible; they know the issue better and can quickly fix it.